What are we up to?

We are living in Woodbridge VA and loving it. We now have 2 beautiful little girls, Evelynn and Cora, and look forward to the adventures that are coming our way. We have such a blessed life together and are thankful everyday for our eternal family.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Cora Jayne Goodrich

 I realize this post is a little late. Our computer crashed and we had to send it into the shop to get fixed and with it went all our pictures of little Cora so I had to wait till we got it back. So here she is! Cora Jayne Goodrich joined our little family on July 5th at 6:47pm. She weighed 7lbs 2oz and was 21 inches long. She was born with a ton of dark brown hair and could eat all day long if we would let her. Here's the birth story if you are interested.

 2 weeks before Cora was born we went into the hospital thinking I was in labor. I progressed from 3cm to 5cm and then everything just stopped. I was still having contractions every 5 mins but they sent me home since they weren't going any where. For 2 weeks I walked around having regular contractions and was 5cm dilated already. I guess at the practice I was going to they won't help you go into labor until you are 39 weeks pregnant and that's why I went for so long the way I was. Anyway, on the 5th, which was 1 day before I was 39 weeks I went in for a doctors appointment and they couldn't believe I was still pregnant. I begged them to strip my membranes so they went ahead and did that for me. Just a few short hours later I was in labor. After contracting at home for an hour with my contractions 3 mins apart I called the hospital and we were on our way. I called them at 4 so we got there about 4:15 after dropping Evie off at a friends and driving over there. By 5:00 they had my epidural in and I was a happy girl again. Preston and I were talking earlier that day about how I bet I could have a baby without an epidural cause my pain tolerance is seriously high when it comes to labor but why do that when it's free right?! By the time we got to the hospital I couldn't handle the pain anymore. It was just coming to fast. Thank goodness for epidurals! By 5:30 they broke my water and just a little while later at 6:47, with just a couple pushes, Cora was born. She sat so low in there for so long that her poor little nose was so smooched down and crooked. It was pretty funny. We knew it would pop out after a couple hours and it did. Her nose looks totally normal now! Right away she was ready to eat and she hasn't stopped since. You would not believe how much this girl eats. She is 1 month old now and I'm pretty sure she is way bigger than Evie was at this age. She is not the best sleeper in the world but things have already gotten way better and I am learning more about her every day. I have had to cut dairy out again. I did that with Evie to and since I have done that Cora has been sleeping way better. Poor little girl has a sensitive tummy! Evie thinks that she is just the best thing in the world and is such a good little helper. Cora fits right into our family and we are so glad she is finally here!!



 Family Picture. I am sad we forgot to get one of all 4 of us in the hospital

look at all that hair!!

 Happy big sister!

 Going home



1 comment:

Nicole and Abe said...

They are both too adorable. I can't wait to meet Cora one day :) She is a cutie. It's really not fair how amazing you look after birth!! I miss you guys!