What are we up to?

We are living in Woodbridge VA and loving it. We now have 2 beautiful little girls, Evelynn and Cora, and look forward to the adventures that are coming our way. We have such a blessed life together and are thankful everyday for our eternal family.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Evelynn's Baby Blessing

This past Sunday we gave Evelynn her baby blessing in church. We have been looking forward to doing it for a long time because Preston's parents were coming all the way out here for it. We had such a great visit with them and were sad they had to leave so soon! Evelynn looked so cute! We are a little sad that she only gets to wear that dress once cause it is so pretty! Anyway, it is an amazing experience to watch your wonderful husband take your baby girl in his hands and with the power of the priesthood give her a name and a blessing made just for her. I will never forget that day and I am so grateful to have a husband who holds the priesthood. Here are a couple pictures!!




Also.. this week I had to take Evie to get her 2 month well baby check up. She weighs 11 pounds 9 ounces and is now 22 inches long. Almost double what she was when she was born! I can't believe she is so big already! I can get her to smile about anytime I want her to now and there are times where she just wont stop talking to you! She still loves to roll from side to side and our new game is to make her legs run as fast as they can and she just can't get enough of it!! She also LOVES to play on her play mat and thinks mommy is really funny! ANYWAY... she had to get 3 shots while we were at the doctors. She was such a trooper but I have to say that it was way harder on me than I ever could have imagined it would be! I think I cried more than she did! I told Preston that he gets to take her next time cause I don't think I could do that twice! I felt so bad for her but she pulled through and in a couple days she was back to normal happy Evie! Here are her little battle wounds!
This is just a cute picture of baby and Daddy watching some football. That's what I like to do during football too!! Isn't she just so stinkin cute?? We are crazy about this little girl!

1 comment:

Allison said...

She is adorable! Lisa- Thanks for this invitation to your house. We are actually living in PA right now and didn't have to travel too far to find a place. Thanks so much though.