What are we up to?

We are living in Woodbridge VA and loving it. We now have 2 beautiful little girls, Evelynn and Cora, and look forward to the adventures that are coming our way. We have such a blessed life together and are thankful everyday for our eternal family.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Introducing....


Evelynn Grace Goodrich
Born July 7, 2010
6 lbs 8oz 18.5 inches long



Evelynn is the sweetest little girl ever! We are crazy about her! She is such a good baby. She nurses great already, sleeps thorough the night for the most part only waking up to eat a couple times and then falls right back asleep. She has the biggest blue eyes ever and makes some of the funniest faces that just make us laugh. We are loving being parents and are thrilled she is finally here! More pictures to come!
The Birth Story.
So people are asking to hear her birth story. It's kind of a boring story so I wasn't going to share it but I guess I still should. Evelynn was due on the 4th of July and the doctor decided that if she hadn't come by that Wednesday they were going to induce me. By that point I didn't care what they had to do, I was ready to have her out. So Wednesday came around and we went into the hospital at 6:30am. At 7:30 they had the Pitocin in. My contractions were going great and not too bad until they broke my water and then instantly I was no longer able to talk. That's when they put in the epidural around 12 o'clock. It really only took on my left side so I was still able to feel most everything on my right side. The nurse came in to check me at 2:30 and I was 5 cm dilated. By this point Preston thought he was in for a long night but just 25 mins later I was feeling a lot of pain on that right side and the nurse checked me again and said that I was ready to have a baby. 5 mins later the doctor came in, I pushed about 6 times and at 3:03pm Evelynn Grace was born. I have to say that the worst part of the whole process was the epidural! I hated getting it and I hated having it in, but I'm sure it would have been worse with out it! I also really hated having a tube coming out of pretty much everywhere. I am not the kind of person who likes being tied down with a bunch of tubes or anything and it was like every time I started to get comfortable they wanted to stick something else in me! Even a min before we left the hospital to come home they stuck a shot in me! I was so sick of the hospital by that point! Anyway.. It went well and Evelynn is doing great and I am starting to feel better! We are so grateful for our little girl and thank our Heavenly Father for her every day.

1 comment:

brandy said...

Congratulations Lisa! She is beautiful and I love her name! Enjoy every second with her!!