What are we up to?

We are living in Woodbridge VA and loving it. We now have 2 beautiful little girls, Evelynn and Cora, and look forward to the adventures that are coming our way. We have such a blessed life together and are thankful everyday for our eternal family.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween and Fresh Pumpkin Filling

Well halloween was super fun! For the church halloween party Preston and I dressed up as an aweful hairdresser and a very unlucky client. Then for work I dressed up as Harry Potter. It was really funny and people got a big kick out of it!!

Also, Every year after halloween we cut up our pumpkins, boil them and blend them to make fresh pumpkin filling for anything we want to put pumpkin in! We usually just end up eating a whole ton of Pumpkin Pie. Anyway, it was a really fun family home evening activiy and now we have enough pumpkin to make 24 pumpkin pies!! So if you need pumpkin for anything just let me know!!

3 comments:

The Browns said...

I had no idea you could do that to a pumkin! How fun! Love and miss you!

Dad said...

24 Pumpkin pies, that's great. You can eat over 3 pumpkin pies a day for a week. And think of all that Cool Whip... Mmmmmmm.

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

I just want you to know I was making some pumpkin bread this year was totally thinking of you last year boiling your pumpkin and sharing some pie with us. The left over pumpkin guts you gave me was the only reason I even discovered pumpkin bread. I think I'll think of you every year.